Joyeuses fêtes de fin d’année à tous, and thank you all for your support of French Today. I’ve published many Christmas related articles- enjoy!
Just follow the links to my my many French Xmas articles: some have audio recordings or videos.
- 10 ways of Wishing Merry Christmas in French
- “Meet the French Santa” – Meet Saint Nicolas, who visits some French houses the night of December 5th-6th. Bilingual Story.
- “French Christmas Dialogue” – with audio
Olivier and I recorded a realistic dialogue introducing you to both the French traditions and precise vocabulary used around that time of year. Bilingual dialogue.
- “Christmas Traditions in France” – All Traditions
- “Top 100 French Xmas Vocabulary” – List of Vocabulary
- “December 24th or 25th?” When do the French celebrate Xmas?
- “Truths and Myths Of The French Xmas Meal“
- “Joyeux Hanoucca” – French vocabulary for this Jewish Holiday
- “Noël en Australie” – une histoire en français facile
- “Petit Papa Noël” – The ultimate French Xmas carol sung by a young Leyla – video
- “Strolling a French Xmas Market” – Bilingual story
- “Xmas Lights in Dinan” – Bilingual story
- “Chanson pour les enfants l’hiver” – A very famous winter poem for children said by young Leyla – audio and video
- “Catholic Mass Prayers in French” and “Je Vous Salue Marie – Hail Mary” Far be it from me to proselytize, but these recording can be interesting to some in this Xmas season – recordings & English translation
- “La Bûche de Noël” – Xmas Yule Log recipe
- “Les truffes au Chocolat” – Chocolate truffles recipe
- “Coquilles Saint Jacques au foie gras” – discover Olivier’s special Scallop recipe for the Holidays.
I wish you all to have a great new year with many opportunities to practice your French!