2.5+ hours of French dialogs, Study Guide, Q&A and tips
À Moi Paris First Encounter is a 2.5-hour long French audiobook that features the characters from the À Moi Paris French method and contains:
A lively story recorded at 3 different speeds (slower with ‘book French’ enunciation, a bit faster with glidings, then the modern street version with all the glidings used in today’s modern French)
Study guide with unique tips on French grammar, French vocabulary, and expressions (also recorded).
Questions & answers section to test your understanding of the French story (also recorded & great to use as dictation)
Full 60 pages interactive transcript with English translations that you can hide/reveal
Recorded at 3 different speeds
Each story chapter is recorded at three speeds and levels of enunciation by a Parisian native:
1. At a slower speed in overly enunciated French to work on your classic French pronunciation (Chapter 2)
2. At a medium French speed with the French glidings (Chapter 2).
3. At a modern French speed featuring French like it’s spoken today by everyone you will encounter (Chapter 2)
Chapter 2 – Study Guide
Question & Answers on Chapter 2’s story
Elisions, vocabulary, How to Learn French…
This free Audiobook covers many topics:
- Enjoy 6 chapters of an easy and real-life like story with translated dialogs
- Learn what elisions, liaison and glidings are
- Learn the 4 different ways to ask questions in French
- Learn useful food vocabulary
- Learn useful vocabulary for introducing yourself, traveling, ordering food, chatting in French
- Learn the differences between French and English adjectives
- Learn the many meanings of the subject pronoun “on”, so often used in modern spoken French
- and more…
The free French Today app features:
- Single click download: no need to mess with PDFs, MP3s or epubs
- Read and listen to the audiobook even when not connected to the internet
- Read transcript and listen to audio on a single screen
- Hide the English translations in 1 click/tap
- Quickly navigate the table of content
- Skip forwards or backwards to repeat a phrase
- Car mode
- and more…
Works on all Your devices / computers
Like all French Today audiobooks, À Moi Paris First Encounter uses the custom French Today app available on iOS, Android, Mac and Windows. There’s even an MP3 + PDF version available if you have a less mainstream device or want to print the transcript.
With the French Today app, you can easily read the transcript while listening to the audio, hide/reveal the english translations, quickly jump to different sections and skip forwards/backwards in a single click.
You can also easily choose the recording speed of the audio. We even have a dedicated car mode for when you’re on the go…
Works completely offline – No Internet Access Required
Once you downloaded the audiobook onto your device, you don’t need to be connected to listen to it. It’s perfect for when you are travelling and might not want to use your cellular data!
How do I get it?
Since this audiobook leverages the unique technology of the French Today apps, you will need to create a free account on our site (this should only take a few seconds since we only ask you for your name, email and country). Using your email and the password you created, you’ll log into the French Today app and download the audiobook in a few minutes… It will be available in your account forever.
If you already have a French Today account, you can simply log in and add the audiobook to your existing account.
Why do I need to go through a checkout?
The French Today app is integrated with our online store so in order for you to access this audiobook, you will need an account and the way to create an account is to checkout (but it’s a very simplified checkout – you only need to provide a few basic pieces of info).
Is this really free?
Absolutely. You can download the French Today app and the À Moi Paris First Encounter audiobook at absolutely no charge… and you can keep it forever!
Will you start spamming me?
Once you created your account, we’ll send you our Thursday newsletter full of French tips and free French lessons. People absolutely love our informative newsletter but you can unsubscribe at any time with one click… and you still get to keep the audiobook. We’ll also send you an email with all the instructions on how to download your audiobook for your reference.
That’s so nice of you, how can we thank you?
Thanks for your thanks ;-) Of course we’d love for you to buy one of our audiobooks but if you just share this page with your friends, family, coworkers in person or on your social network/blog, we’d really appreciate it!
If I have a question, is there someone I can contact?
Sure! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and Camille or Olivier will be happy to help.