1. NO credit card number is ever stored nor even seen by the French Today servers. We use an extremely secure payment gateway called Paymill and even though it appears that you enter your credit card number on our web page, none of this information is ever ‘seen’ by our server, only the Paymill highly secured servers.
Once that credit card number is entered, it is right away converted into a random sequence of numbers called a ‘Token‘. That token is the only thing that is stored by Paymill and even though it allows for charging that credit card at a later date, that token makes it that only the original vendor (“French Today”) can only ever charge that card using this particular token (this makes it convenient if you want to reorder without having to re-enter all your credit card data).
Even if this token were to be made public, no-one would ever be able to charge the credit card number again.
2. The last 4 digits and the expiration date you are seeing are the only thing from your credit card number that are stored and displayed (like most companies do)
3. French Today and Paymill are 100% fully PCI-DDS compliant. The certification means PAYMILL has been audited by major card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_Card_Industry_Data_Security_Standard
4. All sensitive information on the site are handled using industry standard https SSL encryption.
5. If you ever want to delete this credit card token from your account, you can do so by simply logging into your account and clicking the “Remove” button next to the credit card entry
If you have any questions regarding our payments, feel free to contact us. We’re always here to help.