1 – The Paris Subway – Line Six
The most infamous stop of “la ligne six du métro parisien” has to be “Bir-Hakeim”, the stop for the Eiffel Tower, which is a real pronunciation challenge for most foreigners!
The particularity of the Paris subway number six is that it is aerial between the stations “Passy” and “Bir-Hakeim”, offering a stunning view of the Seine and the Eiffel Tower. Go to the end of this article to see a video.
To access the Eiffel Tower, there are several possibilities:
- get off at the “Trocadéro” station to enjoy the view of the Eiffel Tower from the top of the gardens,
- stop at the “Passy” station and walk along the banks of the Seine on the Avenue de New York to cross at the “Iéna” Bridge,
- Finally, get off at the “Bir-Hakeim” stop on the left bank will allow you to go to the Eiffel Tower along the “Quai Branly” on the left bank of the Seine.
2 – Carte du Métro – Ligne Six
3 – French Subway Stations Pronunciation – Ligne 6
Now let’s study how to pronounce the Paris subway stations.
- Charles de Gaulle Etoile
- La Motte-Picquet
- Sèvres – Lecourbe
- Montparnasse – Bienvenüe
- Edgar Quinet
- Denfert – Rochereau
- Place d’Italie
- Quai de la Gare
4 – Paris Métro Tip 6
Don’t keep your Paris subway ticket in your wallet. The black strip on the ticket is magnetized: being in contact with coins may de-magnetize the ticket, and the machine at the métro entrance will refuse it.
If this happens to you, and you are at an entrance with a clerc, cut the line (how French) and just hand your ticket to the clerc… You don’t really need to say anything, since this happens a lot, the clerc will simply hand you another ticket… Just in case, say something like: “excusez-moi, mais mon ticket ne marche pas” (sorry, but my ticket doesn’t work).
5 – Seeing The Eiffel Tower While Riding The Paris Métro Video
6 – Learn the Pronunciation of the Paris Métro Stations
- Métro Line 1 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 2 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 3 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 4 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 5 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 6 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 7 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 8 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 9 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 10 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 11 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 12 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 13 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 14 French Pronunciation