1 – The Paris Métro – Line Four
The Paris subway line four is the second most trafficked line of the Parisian subway network, because it connects to all the other lines. When it was built in the 1900, it was the first line to go under the Seine river, which was quite complicated for the time!
The 28 stations of the Paris métro line four will take you to many famous Parisian places: “l’île de la Cité” with among so many gorgeous monuments “la Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris” (stop at “Saint Michel”).
“Montparnasse Bienvenüe” will give you access to the “Montparnasse” railway station.
The “Saint Germain des Près” station will take you to the heart of St Germain des près, the artist’s neighborhood of Paris, with its world renowned “café de Flore”.
2 – Carte du Métro – Ligne Quatre
Now let’s study how to pronounce the Paris subway stations.
3 – How to Pronounce the Paris Subway Line Four Stations – Audio Recording
Click on the audio bar to play the audio recording of the Paris métro stations for line number four.
- Porte de Clignancourt
- Marcadet – Poissonniers
- Château Rouge
- Gare du Nord
- Gare de l’Est
- Château d’eau
- Strasbourg – Saint-Denis
- Réaumur – Sébastopol
- Etienne Marcel
- Les Halles
- Saint Germain-des-Prés
- Montparnasse Bienvenüe
- Porte d’Orléans
- Mairie de Montrouge
4 – Paris Métro Tip 4
On some older lines of the Paris subway, you will have to open the door manually. Doors may be opened slightly after the train comes to a full stop. There will be a button to push, or on very old cars, a lever to pull up and to the right.
On the more recent lines, the doors will open automatically.
5 – Learn the Pronunciation of the Paris Métro Stations
- Métro Line 1 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 2 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 3 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 4 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 5 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 6 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 7 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 8 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 9 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 10 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 11 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 12 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 13 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 14 French Pronunciation