1 – The Parisian Subway – Ligne Trois and 3 bis
This métro line crosses the North of Paris from west to east, going through the large department store district “les grands magasins” (“Les Galeries Lafayette”, “Le Printemps”) and the opera district (featuring the classic 1900 Paris Opera, “l’Opéra Garnier”).
The stations “Temple” and “Republique” will give you access to the historic “Marais” neighborhood, as well as Paris newer “opéra Bastille”.
The “Gambetta” station undertook a major renovation and now gives access to the extension of the line number three, judiciously called “3 bis”, which will take you to “la Porte des Lilas”… “The Lilac doorway” a pretty name for a pretty industrial neighborhood.
2 – Paris Métro Map – Line Three
Now let’s study how to pronounce the Paris subway stops of the line number three.
3 – Paris Métro Stops Pronunciation – Line 3 & 3 bis
Please, click on the audio bar to play the audio recording of the Paris métro stations of line number 3 and 3bis.
- Pont de Levallois Bécon
- Anatole France
- Louise Michel
- Porte de Champerret
- Arts et Métiers
- Rue Saint-Maur
- Père Lachaise
- Porte de Bagnolet
- Gallieni – Parc de Bagnolet
French Métro Stations Names – Ligne 3 Bis
- Porte des Lilas
4 – Paris Métro Tip 3
Mind your belongings when riding the Paris subway. Unfortunately, there are many pickpockets, and they are extremely good at getting to your wallet, even if it’s in your front pocket or in your purse…. So wear your backpack on the front, on your torso, carry a purse which zips and keep you arm over it at all times.
Be also careful with your smartphone. Unfortunately, thieves are now grabbing fancy smartphones and running away. So only look at your smartphone is “secure” situations, when you can hold it with both hands – not as you’re are climbing down the stairs…
Be aware of your surroundings. If you look aware, you are less likely to become the target of pickpockets. Unfortunately, this is also a question of pure (bad) luck!
5 – Clear Recordings of the Paris Métro Station Names
- Métro Line 1 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 2 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 3 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 4 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 5 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 6 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 7 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 8 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 9 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 10 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 11 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 12 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 13 French Pronunciation
- Métro Line 14 French Pronunciation