Here are 10 French abbreviations commonly used in emails, texting, or unformal writing in French.
1 – Top 10 French Abbreviations For Emails
L1 + L2
À Moi Paris Method – BeginnerUS$119.99
- BJR = bonjour = hi
- BSR = bonsoir = have a good night, hi (in the evening)
- SLT = salut
- MDR = mort(e) de rire = LOL
- JTM = je t’aime = I love you (I’m in love with you)
- MSG = un message = message
- PK = pourquoi? = why?
- QQC = quelque chose = something
- QQ1 = quelqu’un = someone
- BZ = bisous, bises = kisses
2 – Don’t Use English Abbreviations in French
As MJ and Abbie said in the comments, be careful when you use English abbreviations in French. French people know ‘LOL’, but not “XOXO”… Just don’t assume a French person would understand an English abbreviation – it’s hard enough for us to understand plain English!