Why not learn French with a little humor? I am happy to announce a new blog post series with audio featuring family friendly French jokes and puns. Laughing feels so good!
How To Study French With French Jokes
Here are my French tips to better your French:
- Listen to the audio without reading the transcript
- If you don’t get it, read the French transcript as you are listening to the audio of the joke (repeat as needed)
- As a last resort, read the English translation. Then listen to the audio again.
- Make sure your make French flashcards to memorise the new vocabulary.
Click on the audio bar to hear my recording of the French joke.
Mille mercis to Mostafa who volunteer to put this series together, translate the jokes and explain the puns!
And feel free to add jokes you know – stay PC of course – in the Disqus box below :-)
French Joke 1
Secrets of French PronunciationUS$47.99US$38.39
Toto et la Conjugaison
La maîtresse demande à Toto:
– Conjugue-moi le verbe savoir à tous les temps.
– Je sais qu’il pleut, je sais qu’il fera beau, je sais qu’il neigeait.
The teacher asks Toto:
– Conjugate the verb ‘savoir’ (to know) in all tenses.
– I know that it’s raining, I know that it will be nice out, I know that it was snowing.
The word “temps” refers to verb tenses as well as the weather.
Note:Toto is a recurrent name in the French jokes field: he is a young school boy, mischievous and often vulgar, who gets into all sorts of troubles.
French Joke 2
Evelyne est Historique
– Philippe dit à son copain:
– Chaque fois que je me dispute avec Evelyne, c’est simple, elle devient historique!
– Heu… tu veux dire hystérique?
– Non, non, historique! Elle se souvient alors de tout ce que j’ai fait de travers, du jour et de l’heure!
Philipe is telling his friend:
– Every time I argue with Evelyn, she simply becomes historic!
– Oh, you mean hysteric?
– No, no, historic! She remembers all my wrongdoings, [even the very] day and hour!
French Joke 2
Nom d’une Pomme!
– Une pomme qui est rouge, jaune, et verte. Comment l’appelle-t-on ?
– On la pèle avec un couteau.
– An apple which is red, yellow, and green, what would we call (appeler) it?
– We peel (pèle) it with a knife!
Note: There is an audible pun at work here. When spoken, “l’appelle-t-on” [… we call it] could be mistaken for “la pèle-t-on” [… we peel it]).
More French Jokes and Puns
For more audio French jokes and puns with audio recordings and English translation on French Today, follow these links:
- French Jokes and Puns
- French Jokes & Audio – 2
- Jokes in French – 3
- French Jokes Recorded – 4
- French Toto Jokes – 5
- Learn French With Jokes – 6
- Laugh in French – 7
- Blagues en Français – 8
- Easy to Understand French Jokes – 9
- French Funny Jokes – 10
- Recorded French Jokes – 11
- French Humor – 12
- A Fun Way to Learn French With French Jokes – 13
- Laugh With French Jokes – 14
- Blagues en Français – 15
- Blagues Françaises + Audio – 16
- Jokes From France – 17
- Blagues en Français – 18
- Learn French With French Jokes – 19
- French Jokes – A Fun French Practice – 20