How To Study French With French Jokes
Here are my French tips to better your French:
- Listen to the audio without reading the transcript
- If you don’t get it, read the French transcript as you are listening to the audio of the joke (repeat as needed)
- As a last resort, read the English translation. Then listen to the audio again.
- Make sure your make French flashcards to memorise the new vocabulary.
French Riddle 1 – Devinette
Qu’est-ce qui commence par E, qui finit par E et qui ne contient qu’une seule lettre ?
What [word] starts with E, ends with E, and yet has only one letter in it?
Réponse : Une enveloppe !
Answer: An envelope! [Pun on the word “lettre”].
French Pun 2 – Vol
Un voleur est au vingtième étage d’un immeuble. Tout à coup son pied glisse et il tombe en bas.
Les policiers disent : “Ce fut son dernier vol”.
Flight / Robbery
A thief is on the twentieth floor of a building. Suddenly his foot slips and he falls down.
The police say: “This was his last flight [“vol” means both “flight” and “theft, robbery””].
French Riddle 3
Je commence la nuit,
Je finis le matin,
et j’apparais 2 fois dans l’année.
Qui suis-je ?
Night starts with me,
and morning ends with me (in French only…),
and I appear twice in a Year (again, in French).
What am I?
Réponse: la lettre “n”.
Answer: The letter “N.”
More French Jokes and Puns
For more audio French jokes and puns with audio recordings and English translation on French Today, follow these links:
- French Jokes and Puns
- French Jokes & Audio – 2
- Jokes in French – 3
- French Jokes Recorded – 4
- French Toto Jokes – 5
- Learn French With Jokes – 6
- Laugh in French – 7
- Blagues en Français – 8
- Easy to Understand French Jokes – 9
- French Funny Jokes – 10
- Recorded French Jokes – 11
- French Humor – 12
- A Fun Way to Learn French With French Jokes – 13
- Laugh With French Jokes – 14
- Blagues en Français – 15
- Blagues Françaises + Audio – 16
- Jokes From France – 17
- Blagues en Français – 18
- Learn French With French Jokes – 19
- French Jokes – A Fun French Practice – 20