Jokes and puns in French are a fun way to train on your speaking abilities and pronunciation: memorize them by heart, and then tell them to your French speaking friends, or your classmates. It’s a good way to start the day!
How To Study French With French Jokes
Here are my French tips to better your French:
- Listen to the audio without reading the transcript
- If you don’t get it, read the French transcript as you are listening to the audio of the joke (repeat as needed)
- As a last resort, read the English translation. Then listen to the audio again.
- Make sure your make French flashcards to memorise the new vocabulary.
Histoire de Pommes de terre
À Moi Paris Level 1US$83.99US$67.19
C’est l’histoire de deux pommes de terre.
Une d’elles se fait écraser et l’autre s’écrie :
– Oh purée !
Here is the story of two potatoes.
One of them is ran over, and the other says:
– Oh purée! [It’s a pun, meaning both “Oh my goodness!” and “Oh, mashed potatoes!”]
Note from Camille: another version of this story is Leyla’s first joke, one that we love in our family. Instead of potatoes, it’s tomatoes, and after it’s been ran over, the Mom says “common Ketchup” – pun on “catch up”….
This is one of the most common Kindergarden jokes ever… I am positive ANY French kid has heard it… My mom told it, I told it, Leyla told it to me last year…
Qu’est-ce qui est. petit, rond, vert, et qui monte et qui descend ?
– Un petit pois dans un ascenseur.
What is small, round, green and goes up and down?
– A small green-pea in an elevator.
– Papa, pourquoi le monsieur fait peur à la dame avec son bâton ?
– Il ne veut pas lui faire peur, c’est le chef d’orchestre.
– Alors pourquoi la dame, elle crie?
At the opera
– Daddy, why is the guy scaring the lady by his stick?
– He is not scaring her; he’s the conductor.
– Then, why is the lady shouting?
More French Jokes and Puns
For more audio French jokes and puns with audio recordings and English translation on French Today, follow these links:
- French Jokes and Puns
- French Jokes & Audio – 2
- Jokes in French – 3
- French Jokes Recorded – 4
- French Toto Jokes – 5
- Learn French With Jokes – 6
- Laugh in French – 7
- Blagues en Français – 8
- Easy to Understand French Jokes – 9
- French Funny Jokes – 10
- Recorded French Jokes – 11
- French Humor – 12
- A Fun Way to Learn French With French Jokes – 13
- Laugh With French Jokes – 14
- Blagues en Français – 15
- Blagues Françaises + Audio – 16
- Jokes From France – 17
- Blagues en Français – 18
- Learn French With French Jokes – 19
- French Jokes – A Fun French Practice – 20