Today, we’ll run a “Toto’s special” ! Toto is a mischievous school age kid and his jokes as super popular in France. Listen to the French audio recording of the jokes and check the English translation.
French Toto Jokes
“Toto” jokes have been part of the French culture for a while.
“Toto” is a young school boy, an impertinent dunce, who talks back and is lazy but usually not mean – I believe his name would be “Little Johnny” in English.
Most jokes revolve around school, homework, talking back to adults and are very short and use colloquial language.
They are very popular jokes among elementary school children, and there are thousands of them.
“Toto” is always represented with this drawing : zero + zero = la tête à Toto !! (0 plus 0 equals Toto’s head, see drawing above).
You’ll find more Toto joke with audio in these posts on French Today, although you’ll also find some scattered through the whole series!
How To Study French With French Jokes
Here are my French tips to better your French:
- Listen to the audio without reading the transcript
- If you don’t get it, read the French transcript as you are listening to the audio of the joke (repeat as needed)
- As a last resort, read the English translation. Then listen to the audio again.
- Make sure your make French flashcards to memorise the new vocabulary.
First Toto French Joke
Low Intermediate & Above
Essential French DialogsUS$47.99US$38.39
Le plus Grand Fleuve du Monde
Toto est à l’école et demande s’il peut aller au WC. La maîtresse dit non. Puis elle demande a Toto où est le plus grand fleuve du monde, et Toto répond :
– “il est sous mon banc”.
The biggest river in the world
Toto, at school, asks [his teacher] if he can go to the bathroom. The teacher says no. Then, the teacher asks Toto where the longest river in the world is. Toto answers:
– “It’s under my bench.”
Second French Joke
Le père de Toto s’étonne de ne pas avoir encore reçu le bulletin scolaire de son fils. Il lui en demande la raison :
– Et ton bulletin, il est pas encore arrivé ?
– Si, si, répond Toto, mais je l’ai prêté à Paul pour qu’il fasse peur à son père !
Toto’s dad is worried of not having received his son’s report card. He asks Toto the reason:
– “So, your report card has not come in yet?”
– “Why yes,” replies Toto, “but I have lent it to Paul so that he scares his father [with it]!”
Third French Joke
Je n’ai Rien Fait !
Toto se plaint à un ami :
– Ma mère m’a puni pour une chose que je n’ai même pas faite.
– Ah oui ? Qu’est-ce que c’est ?
– Mes devoirs…
I didn’t do anything !
Toto complains to a friend:
– My mom punished me for something I did not even do.
– Oh, really? What’s that?
– My homework.
More French Jokes and Puns
For more audio French jokes and puns with audio recordings and English translation on French Today, follow these links:
- French Jokes and Puns
- French Jokes & Audio – 2
- Jokes in French – 3
- French Jokes Recorded – 4
- French Toto Jokes – 5
- Learn French With Jokes – 6
- Laugh in French – 7
- Blagues en Français – 8
- Easy to Understand French Jokes – 9
- French Funny Jokes – 10
- Recorded French Jokes – 11
- French Humor – 12
- A Fun Way to Learn French With French Jokes – 13
- Laugh With French Jokes – 14
- Blagues en Français – 15
- Blagues Françaises + Audio – 16
- Jokes From France – 17
- Blagues en Français – 18
- Learn French With French Jokes – 19
- French Jokes – A Fun French Practice – 20