French jokes and French puns translated in English + French audio recordings. A fun French practice for the whole family!
How To Study French With French Jokes
Here are my French tips to better your French:
- Listen to the audio without reading the transcript
- If you don’t get it, read the French transcript as you are listening to the audio of the joke (repeat as needed)
- As a last resort, read the English translation. Then listen to the audio again.
- Make sure your make French flashcards to memorise the new vocabulary.
First French Joke
L1 + L2
À Moi Paris Method – BeginnerUS$119.99US$95.99
Le client demande au serveur, en consultant la carte:
– Que me recommandez-vous en toute confiance ?
– Un autre restaurant…
The customer, while looking at the menu, asks the waiter:
– What would you recommend me with complete confidence?
– Another restaurant!
Second French Joke
– Quelles-sont les deux plus vieilles lettres de l’alphabet?
– Tu ne sais pas? Eh bien je vais te le dire : A-G
– What are the two oldest letters in alphabet?
– You don’t know? Well, then I’m going to tell you: aged.
Note: this one is lost in translation… A-G sounds just like agées in French, so aged.
Third French Joke
J’ai vu un Zinc
– Maman, maman, j’ai vu un zinc!
– D’accord, mais non mon chéri, il vaut mieux dire “avion”.
– Ah, d’accord : “J’avions vu un zinc.”
– Mommy, mommy, j’ai vu un zinc! (“I saw a zinc” [“Zinc” is a slang word for airplane].)
– Ok, but my darling, it’s better to say “avion.” (airplane – sounds like “nous avions”)
– Oh, OK: “J’avions vu un zinc.”
The boy obviously misunderstands his mother and comes up with a grammatically absurd sentence. French parents are often correcting their young kids on French verb tenses…
More French Jokes and Puns
For more audio French jokes and puns with audio recordings and English translation on French Today, follow these links:
- French Jokes and Puns
- French Jokes & Audio – 2
- Jokes in French – 3
- French Jokes Recorded – 4
- French Toto Jokes – 5
- Learn French With Jokes – 6
- Laugh in French – 7
- Blagues en Français – 8
- Easy to Understand French Jokes – 9
- French Funny Jokes – 10
- Recorded French Jokes – 11
- French Humor – 12
- A Fun Way to Learn French With French Jokes – 13
- Laugh With French Jokes – 14
- Blagues en Français – 15
- Blagues Françaises + Audio – 16
- Jokes From France – 17
- Blagues en Français – 18
- Learn French With French Jokes – 19
- French Jokes – A Fun French Practice – 20
- Our daughter Leyla tells French Jokes (With Video)
- A Fun French Prank With Eggs
- French laughter Vocabulary & April’s Fool Tradition