A Unique French Audiobook Method for the Advanced Student
Built upon 20+ years of one-on-one lessons with English-speaking adults, these advanced level French audiobooks will quickly teach you today's modern French... Guaranteed.
What Makes The French Today Audiobooks Better
French Moods Explained With the English Speaker in Mind
To successfully master the various French moods of the conditional, imperative and subjunctive, you first need to understand the logic of the moods, when to use them and how to avoid them to simplify your life… Then you may memorize the various French verb conjugations. It’s useless to know your verb forms if you don’t know when you are supposed to use them. With our clear explanation, you’ll never hesitate again.
A Realistic Story Illustrating French Moods
See the French moods come to life in our fun and enticing novel with real characters that evolve in real life situations. Learning French in context throughout the whole book series will not only keep things interesting but will help you develop a sense for when we use the various French moods. Learning in context is essential to develop reflexes in a language, it’s what is called “sentence mining”: using an example that you know by heart to then build your own sentence. .
Learn Real Spoken French not Book French
Spoken and written French are worlds apart (more so than most other languages). The modern French pronunciation also applies to verb conjugations. With our French learning method, you will master both traditional and modern French verb pronunciation.
Recorded At 2 Different Speeds - The Best of Both Worlds!
Both the method and the companion novel stories are recorded at two different speeds: slower, enunciated French for you to specifically focus on the sounds, and modern French to build up your ear for how French natives actually speak day to day-to-day
An Advanced French Method + One Supporting Audio Novel & Study Guide
À Moi Paris Level 7 "In A French Mood"
An Advanced Audio Method to Master French Verb Moods
Real-life situations covered include:
- Moving to France
- Renting an apartment in Paris
- Setting up a business in France
- Talking about a restaurant concept
- Making hypotheses
- Discussing the news
- French strike vocabulary
- Debating and lightly arguing
- Extending Dinner invitation on the phone
- Setting up a dinner menu for guests
- Making plans for the day
- Going grocery shopping
- Comparing items
- Interacting at the cash register
- Accepting/refusing an invitation
- Being polite dinner guests/hosts
The Study Guide includes:
- Conditional present construction
- “Je” form – Conditional pronunciation ≠ futur simple
- Conditional use in French ≠ English
- Wishing in French
- Would you like in French
- Asking for permission or favors in French
- It would be my pleasure in French
- Past conditional – should have, would have, could have
- Hypothesis in French (“if” clauses)
- Exploring “if” and it’s various translations
- Subjunctive present construction
- When do we use the Subjunctive in French?
- The reality of Subjunctive use in France nowadays
- Ways to avoid the Subjunctive
- Subjunctive ≠ Indicative
- Subtleties of the Subjunctive
- The “ne” explétif – a “ne” without any negative value
- Tenses of the Subjunctive
- Imperative present construction
- Imperative and exclamation marks
- The reality of the Imperative use in France nowadays
- Imperative and pronouns
À Moi Paris Level 8 "The Rest of Our Life"
The Best Advanced Audiobook to Master the Subtleties of French
Real-life situations covered include:
- Catching up with old friends
- Summarizing 20 years of your life
- Expressing surprise
- Asking about old friends
- Going over a child’s routine
- Talking about setting up a website
- Talking about marketing strategies
- Welcoming guests
- Sharing breakfast
- Giving out a detailed cooking recipe
- Describing and navigating a city
- Talking about the Middle Ages
- Choosing between first name or last name basis
- Discovering wine culture in France
- Tasting and describing a wine
- Talking about jogging, running marathons
- Discussing nutrition and health
- Talking about ecology
- Giving your opinion and debating things
- Describing an accident
- Relating a story
- Reacting to bad news
- Offering advice
- Communicating with co-workers
- Discussing accounting, budget and funds allocation
- Going to a yoga lesson
- Describing different body postures
Or get both audiobooks together and save even more Add To Cart
100% Money Back Guaranteed for 120 days!
Our customers love their French Today products and we are so sure you will too that we’ll give you 4 full months to try it out. If it doesn’t improve your French, we’ll refund you 100%. It's that simple.
Learn on Your Computer or on Your iOS/Android…
Some Customer Reviews...
The A Moi Paris series is hands down the most fun, creative and effective way to learn French.
I have never seen content like this. So well presented and so useful in any other language course anywhere else.
This is a great way to learn to speak and write French; and also a novel one can read at different stages too if, like most people, one is busy with lots of other things in life.
If you are already at a low intermediate level in your French studies, this is the best way I have found until now to pick up every day french, my best recommendation