French Greetings & Politeness Every Conversation Starts With the Right Greeting!
|Audio/PDF:||50 Minutes / 24 Pages|
|Language:||Explanations in English with Examples & Exercises in French|
|Format:||MP3 & PDF Download|
|Rating:|US$19.99 On Sale!
Perfect mastery of politeness is expected of you when you interact with French people. You cannot hesitate, and need to know the everyday modern pronunciation of this very precise vocabulary.
This 50 minute audio lesson will create the right and essential politeness reflexes, and give you the confidence you need to properly greet people in French.
You will also learn how to position your body to kiss “hi” and “goodbye”, really understand the difference between tu ≠ vous, and I will point out embarrassing faux-pas (like hugging, or saying “bonne nuit” (sleep well) when what you meant to say was “bonne soirée” (have a good evening)…
- Master the modern pronunciation of greetings and expressions of politeness in today’s French.
- Make a good first impression and avoid faux-pas
- Really understand the differences between “tu” and “vous” (it’s much, MUCH more subtle than just friend versus stranger)
- Learn when it is appropriate to kiss someone on the cheeks or when you should shake hands – the French never hug!
Listen to a sample of “French Greetings and Politeness”
1. Saying “hi”, “goodbye”, and “see you later”
2. “Tu” versus “Vous”
- Basic rules
- Going from vous to tu
- More difficult than it seems
- Time period
- History of the distinction between “tu” and “vous”
- Social Class
- Personal Habit
- They say tu = you say tu
- A very subtle yet strong message
- When in doubt, use “vous”
3. Meeting someone: Introducing yourself and asking someone their name
4. “How are you?” is more complicated than it seems
- If you are using “vous”
- If you are using “tu” in a more formal environment
- If you are using “tu” in an informal situation
5. Expressions of politeness
6. The moves: kiss, don’t hug!
- Let’s start with some vocabulary about kissing
- Who kisses?
- How does one kiss?
- How often do we kiss?
- Kissing in the office?
- Some situations where YOU could get kissed:
- So whith whom do you shake hands?
- How should you shake hands?
- What about “le baise main” (kissing the hand)?